cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcooper
Community Member

Ipad grading

Jump to solution

Last year when I graded on Canvas, I had the ability to write on the assignments when using my iPad.  It was much easier than using my trackpad on the computer.  Will this ever come back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Some schools had the privilege of being part of the beta testing for SpeedGrader, and that beta window has since closed. However! Based on the comments in ​ (and Update: Option to Use Stylus with Speedgrader on Ipad ) it sounds like the stylus input will return to SpeedGrader shortly!!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@vcooper ​, are you talking about the Soeedgrader app for the iPad? If so, then have you recently updated it? If you've updated it and are still having the problem I'd contact Canvas Support (Help --> Report a Problem).

vcooper
Community Member

Yes. I have it up to date (no updates available). We used to grade in Showbie and when we got Canvas, I did not use it anymore because I had the ability to use a stylus and write on the assignments. My IT guy said no other teacher had that ability, but I loved it. As an english teacher, I write on their work all of the time. I do not like having to use the text box.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hmm... I'm stumped on this so I'm going to share it with the Canvas Mobile Users​ group to see if they can provide some insight/help o this!

vcooper
Community Member

Great!

vcooper
Community Member

Kristen Lundstrum answered and said I was probably part of the beta group and that stylus grading was coming with the speedgrader update. I am excited.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Some schools had the privilege of being part of the beta testing for SpeedGrader, and that beta window has since closed. However! Based on the comments in ​ (and Update: Option to Use Stylus with Speedgrader on Ipad ) it sounds like the stylus input will return to SpeedGrader shortly!!

View solution in original post

You just made my day! Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPad

@vcooper ​ - I'm so glad!! :smileygrin:

Please, please bring back the stylus capability for grading on ipad!!!