cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is It Possible to Assign Modules to Separate Sections?

Jump to solution

During my first hour course, I teach one special student who is taking a different course, so we can allow a paraprofessional to monitor two students. This student is in his own section. However, I teach his course two other hours in the day and so I have a total of three sections. Currently, I am assigning the modules and due dates specific to this students' needs. However, I would like to continue with additional modules of work that the other two classes will not do. Is it possible to create modules and just assign it to certain sections?

I have looked and browsed everywhere here on this very helpful site, but not come across this option anywhere. This would be of great help to me.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

steeletm@bps-ok.org, unfortunately no, you can’t assign modules by section. Assignments (and now announcements) are the only things you can specify by section.

Would the stuff you want in the new module just be assignments or would it also include content? A work around I just heard about from someone for content is to use an ungraded assignment and add the content to the assignment and then set it up so only one section could view that assignment. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

steeletm@bps-ok.org, unfortunately no, you can’t assign modules by section. Assignments (and now announcements) are the only things you can specify by section.

Would the stuff you want in the new module just be assignments or would it also include content? A work around I just heard about from someone for content is to use an ungraded assignment and add the content to the assignment and then set it up so only one section could view that assignment. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

@kona 

I am designing a course with multiple sections that will have different assignments. It is not critical that these assignments be graded, simply need to see the submission and be able to provide feedback. I have two questions.

1. If I use ungraded assignments, will I still be able to provide feedback?

2. Let's say I have two Sections (1 & 2). Section 1 is given Ungraded Assignment A, and Section 2 is given Ungraded Assignment B. Am I correct to assume that Section 1 will not see Ungraded Assignment B appear on the dashboard (and that Section 2 will not see Ungraded Assignment A)? 

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Best Regards!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! Yes, if you make your assignment ungraded, you will still be able to provide feedback via Speedgrader. 🙂

For your second question, as long as you use the "Assign To" functionality to assign each section their own assignment, no, they will NOT see the assignment that isn't assigned to their section.

Hope this helps! Kona