cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrick_hibbard
Surveyor

Is Speedgrader still available for the iPad?

Jump to solution

I used to be able to view and grade my students self-created .MOV videos in Speedgrader and have since lost my app. I can't download it and both my computer and Canvas teacher app won't preview the video. A prompt to download the video appears on both the computer and canvas teacher app. Do you have any recommendations to make this work? Is there any way to get the speedgrader app back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @patrick_hibbard ‌,

In late July 2017, Canvas Teacher‌ officially replaced Speedgrader.

Erin Hallmark shared on 7/27/17:

[Speedgrader] has been removed from the app stores. Existing users can still continue to use it but there will be no further updates.

In my classes when a file isn't supported in the new Docviewer, I have students host their file(s) in Google Drive and then submit the URL to that item for their assignment. It speeds up the grading process, rather than downloading submissions one-by-one.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @patrick_hibbard ‌,

In late July 2017, Canvas Teacher‌ officially replaced Speedgrader.

Erin Hallmark shared on 7/27/17:

[Speedgrader] has been removed from the app stores. Existing users can still continue to use it but there will be no further updates.

In my classes when a file isn't supported in the new Docviewer, I have students host their file(s) in Google Drive and then submit the URL to that item for their assignment. It speeds up the grading process, rather than downloading submissions one-by-one.

View solution in original post

jayoder
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@klundstrum ‌, Do you know anything about Speedgrader on Ipads and if you can adjust the rubric/comment pain to give more room for the actual assignment...I know on the desktop you can adjust that pane...but I'm not seeing an option on the IPad view.

Also, I had a teacher report that occasionally their comment gets thrown to the bottom of the page and inverted and then can't undo it and put it back, they end up needing to delete the whole comment and try again, any advice I can pass along?

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan -

Right now, that pane cannot be adjusted. 

You have experienced that wonderful inverted reflected comment thing too?! I'm trying to recreate it and can't. If you are able to document which course and assignment it is, please create a ticket. I'll let the mobile team know that there may be a ticket or two coming in.

jayoder
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for the quick response, I guess since she will be on the app she won't have the ability to immediately submit the helpdesk ticket there with the Metadata, but at least providing, course, assignment and student will be helpful. Should she leave the comment on there too while its inverted so they can see it? Or does that not matter...

@abenson2 ‌

Yes! Please leave the inverted comment. Smiley Happy

Hello! This issue did happen again this morning. I submitted the help ticket and left the comment on the bottom of the page. I am also posting a screenshot here if helpful (I wasn’t able to add it to the help ticket on the app). 

Thank you! 

~Amber

292144_9679F749-F748-4C89-B966-238AC3870916.jpeg