cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_edington
Community Member

Is anyone else having this issue with Rubrics?

Jump to solution

Over the last few days I have noticed an issue with our rubrics.  In the past we were able to add rubrics through the rubrics page of the course (https://institution.instructure.com/courses/{courseid}/rubrics).  Then from the assignment we could search for the rubric by clicking on the Find a Rubric button.

I am still able to do that.  However, now it shows me the rubrics from the first course that is listed on the left side and not the course from which I am currently working.  I have to scroll down and find the course and click on the link.  Then it will give me the list of rubrics that I created in that course.  

The default course in the rubrics list and the current course don

I have a pretty long list of courses, so it can take me a while to find the correct one.  Is this happening to anyone else, or is this just a glitch in our instance of Canvas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @jasoned ‌ - Actually, I've observed this almost from day 1 of our using Canvas, although I attributed part of it to my being an administrator.  I'm not as surprised by you seeing as I am that you are noticing it now, implying that it was not always so.  (That part I do not have an answer for!)

I just now masqueraded as a faculty member on our Beta instance to double-check from a regular instructor's perspective to be sure, and indeed when the Find a Rubric is clicked it lists a LOT of her courses--and not in order.  (Though I have a hunch it is by the course ID number without verifying this)  Note that a documentation page indicates that this is normal behavior:

You can find rubrics that were created in previous assignments as well as rubrics created in other courses where you have an instructor role.

And, in fact, it IS great for finding a rubric from another course site.  On the other hand, it would admittedly be nice if the default was set to at least begin the listing with the current course site one is in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @jasoned ‌ - Actually, I've observed this almost from day 1 of our using Canvas, although I attributed part of it to my being an administrator.  I'm not as surprised by you seeing as I am that you are noticing it now, implying that it was not always so.  (That part I do not have an answer for!)

I just now masqueraded as a faculty member on our Beta instance to double-check from a regular instructor's perspective to be sure, and indeed when the Find a Rubric is clicked it lists a LOT of her courses--and not in order.  (Though I have a hunch it is by the course ID number without verifying this)  Note that a documentation page indicates that this is normal behavior:

You can find rubrics that were created in previous assignments as well as rubrics created in other courses where you have an instructor role.

And, in fact, it IS great for finding a rubric from another course site.  On the other hand, it would admittedly be nice if the default was set to at least begin the listing with the current course site one is in.

View solution in original post

Thanks  @kblack ‌!  That is so strange.  I am an administrator as well.  For me at least, I know that it defaulted on the course I was in because all of my iMacros macros were based on that.  Now they've stopped working.   Maybe it was a "glitch" before and now it's been fixed.  🙂