cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
u6032171
Surveyor II

Is canvas studio a separate product from canvas? If so, is it possible to get an individual license to use canvas studio and how much would such a thing be?

Jump to solution

Is canvas studio a separate product from canvas?  If so, is it possible to get an individual license to use canvas studio and how much would such a thing be?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@u6032171  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Canvas Studio is a paid product that can be added to Canvas. It is available for purchase by institutional accounts for installation at the account level. Instructure does not sell individual licenses for Studio.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@u6032171  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Canvas Studio is a paid product that can be added to Canvas. It is available for purchase by institutional accounts for installation at the account level. Instructure does not sell individual licenses for Studio.

View solution in original post

So, to be clear, either my university purchases the product for the whole university, or for nobody at all?  I am wondering because I need this information in order to lobby the administration for this thing.  It will admittedly be difficult to convince them to purchase a university-wide license without having used it in a pilot class, though.

@u6032171 ‌

Yes, that is correct: the university purchases Studio and makes it available to its faculty. If you've been tasked by your organization to evaluate Studio on its behalf, the local Canvas admin for the university can work with your school's Customer Success Manager (CSM) to schedule a demo.