cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber_parker
Surveyor

Is it possible to adjust the width of Fill in Multiple Blanks Quiz boxes?

I originally replied to this post: Answer box size in Fill in Multiple Blanks but realized it has been marked as Assumed Answered but with no resolution Smiley Sad

Is there any way to adjust the size of the Fill in Multiple Blanks boxes?

I have a table with multiple fill-in-the-blanks, 88 total in an 8x11 grid. Everything looks great in editing mode (1) but testing in Student View and with mock student accounts (2), the last few columns are extending beyond the margins and are inaccessible to students. This is especially the case on a laptop, screenshots below are from a widescreen desktop monitor. Any advice greatly appreciated! 

1) Looks great in editingTable with multiple fill in blank options from editing mode

2) Last columns extend beyond margins and are not accessible for students

Last columns in table with multiple fill in blanks are inaccessible to students (FireFox)

4 Replies
jcarpenter1
Navigator

Hello  @amber_parker  !  I'm sorry that it has taken so long for anyone to answer your question.  I must say I'm impressed with the table you made.  Have you looked at the options/ parameters of the table in the Canvas page?  How do I insert a table using the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?   or https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26481-how-do-i-insert-a-table-using-the-rich-content-editor...  might help you.  The size of the table within the page can be changed.

Best of luck this school year!

Hi there!  I had the same question as above.  Rich Content Editor does nothing to help this.  Even when I go into the HTML code and change the cell width, it always comes out to the same width that it previously was....  is there another fix for this? 

It seems the size of the table can be changed, but it's the size of the fill in the blank box that is causing the issues.

Any help on this is much appreciated!

Thank you!

rkp0001
Surveyor

Is there an answer to this? I need to make the question blanks smaller. 

CarolynFarr
Surveyor

I have the same issue.

Looks like this in editing...

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.45.20 pm.png

nice!

Looks like this for the students...

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.44.26 pm.png

not so nice 😞