Is it possible to assign a "new quiz" to the test student so I can see the graded result in "grades"?

Jump to solution
nancym
Community Explorer

I want to learn what students see when I release their grades.  In the original quiz, there was a setting for allow students to see their answers only once or to release answers at a given time.  I do not see anything like this in new quizzes.  

The deed is done, I have already given the exam in "new quiz" but I need to release the grades and have no idea what they will see.  I have read through the settings on restrict student view (see their points, points possible, answers, comments, etc. )  I have looked at the FAQS  (How do I manage settings for an assessment in New Quizzes?)

and found nothing that answers the question of whether we can release the answers and comments to be seen once or anything about the absence of the test student in the list of persons who can be given assignment.  

Also, Canvas, could you come up with a new name for "new quizzes" so that we can search the community and not get information about the original quizzes?!  

Thanks,

Nancy

1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Nancy.

The features you are seeking have actually been improved in New Quizzes.  

How do I manage settings for an assessment in New Quizzes?  
the setting you're looking for is "restrict student result view"

This section of the Instructor Guide may be helpful when you're looking for New Quiz information.  It's what I tend to use most.  Also, great note about the name.  What to call this thing has evolved a lot.  It had some other names in the past but most recently has been coined New Quizzes as it nears becoming just Quizzes and the old tool set goes away.

User Group: New Quizzes‌ can better show that timeline!

View solution in original post

0 Likes