cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katiefimbrez
Community Member

Is it possible to change a student/student leader/observer's bio and picture as the teacher?

Jump to solution

I was curious, as a teacher for a class, if I had access to change an account's bio/picture for them?

or if there are any ideas around this so that the user does not have to themselves.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @katiefimbrez  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

A user's biography, profile picture and all those other bits of of data in their accounts can only be changed by the user, or by someone with account-level permissions to do so.

You will need to contact your Canvas Admin/Support department to get this done.

Kelley

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @katiefimbrez  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

A user's biography, profile picture and all those other bits of of data in their accounts can only be changed by the user, or by someone with account-level permissions to do so.

You will need to contact your Canvas Admin/Support department to get this done.

Kelley

View solution in original post

ehayden2
Community Member

This was my question too.  Seems like it's not possible on the profile page to enter a bio for a student.  Does anyone have a "work around" for this if I'd like all my students to see each other's info but they are having problems entering the info on that page?  In Moodle we can sign in as the student for example.  Perhaps we could make a Page that has all the student bios on it?  Has anyone done anything like this?