cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is it possible to edit the name of discussion groups?

Jump to solution

I want to have an assignment where students will be divided into groups to discuss various impacts of ocean acidification. I created a graded discussion, chose for it to be a group discussion, assigned the number of groups (8) and named the Group Set "OA Discussion Groups". This created the groups named "OA Discussion Group 1", "OA Discussion Group 2", etc.

Is it not possible at this time to rename these groups? I want to name them "OA Discussion - Tourism", "OA Discussion - Fisheries", etc.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Surveyor

jnissen@howardcc.edu​ go to where you created the Group Set on the 'People' link. There is a little gear icon to the far right of those group names once you have click on the 'Group Set' tab. You can click on those and 'Edit' the name of your group.

Hope this helps.

Erin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Surveyor

jnissen@howardcc.edu​ go to where you created the Group Set on the 'People' link. There is a little gear icon to the far right of those group names once you have click on the 'Group Set' tab. You can click on those and 'Edit' the name of your group.

Hope this helps.

Erin

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for the quick reply - it was exactly what I needed!

However, (and this is a note for the devs), I do find it unusual that I cannot edit from within the group itself. You can click "Edit" and you can type whatever you want, but after you hit "Save" none of the changes are actually saved.

biray@instructure.com​ do you know of anyone who can help with Jill's changes not being saved?

Thanks!

Erin

Community Member

At this point, the best thing to do is for jnissen@howardcc.edu​ to contact support. There might be an intended functionality of this setting that I might be overlooking. 😕

Surveyor II

This is still not working. Can you look into it?