cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is it possible to have a student use a text box to answer and have them do a file upload in the same assignment?

Jump to solution

I opened up both types of online submissions and it seems that only one type is showing up when a student tries to use both the text entry and the file upload. Is this possible or do they need to use the comments for text rather than the text box entry if they are also uploading an assignment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

As far as I'm aware, for a single submission attempt, the student would have to choose one or the other. You can't submit both a text entry and a file upload at the same time. 

Having the student add a comment is probably the best way to accomplish this, but you could also have the student submit one type and then re-submit the assignment and use the other submission type. Then you could flip between both submissions in SpeedGrader. I could see that confusing some students, though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Surveyor

As far as I'm aware, for a single submission attempt, the student would have to choose one or the other. You can't submit both a text entry and a file upload at the same time. 

Having the student add a comment is probably the best way to accomplish this, but you could also have the student submit one type and then re-submit the assignment and use the other submission type. Then you could flip between both submissions in SpeedGrader. I could see that confusing some students, though.

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels