cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is it possible to open modules based on a score on a quiz?

Jump to solution

I have a course that is set up as modules. Each module is set up with completely finishing the previous module as a prerequisite. But now I have a twist. Modules 1-3 are required of all students. But then depending on a quiz score (basically asking for their major so I know what they need), they might go on to modules 4-5 OR they might skip 4-5 and do 6-7 instead. I would love it if modules 4 and 5 could be locked for students who are working on 6 and 7. Just to cut down on confusion.

I do have "completing 3" as the prerequisite for both modules 4 and 6. And I can create links to navigate to the correct spot. I am just wondering if there is something I am overlooking that would automate the process.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't think you're missing anything. It's a really cool idea, though, and I'm glad you've found a temporary solution! I wonder if it would be worthwhile to submit a feature idea. I'm sure other instructors and instructional designers would appreciate that functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi dflawren@bju.edu

Have you thought about Mastery Paths? How do I use MasteryPaths in course modules?

This may be what you are looking for

Isobel

Highlighted

I should have been more clear--I use Mastery Paths all through my course. My question was whether it is possible to direct students to a different module based on their Mastery path "trajectory." My current course has only directions to different assignments within the same module depending on the student's score on a placement test.

Highlighted
Learner II

dflawren@bju.edu‌,

I completely agree to what isobel.williams@gmail.com‌ said. Mastery Paths are the way to go if you want to have different assignments for each student.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't think you're missing anything. It's a really cool idea, though, and I'm glad you've found a temporary solution! I wonder if it would be worthwhile to submit a feature idea. I'm sure other instructors and instructional designers would appreciate that functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I ended up putting in a one question quiz - if they get the answer "right" they go with Option A. If they get it "wrong" they go with Option B. It has worked pretty well this semester, so I am pleased with it!