Is it possible to rearrange the order of rubrics?

Jump to solution
lgroper
Community Novice

Is it possible to rearrange the order of how rubrics are listed on the Course Rubrics page? I would like them to be in the order of when they are used?

Thanks,

Lynn

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@lgroper 

This is not currently possible without some additional programming that would run in your browser to find out where the rubrics are used and then fetch the due date (or available date -- your call) for each assignment, then pick the relevant date to use for those rubrics that are used in more than one location, and finally sort the rubrics by the proper order. This will cause your rubric page to noticeably change a few seconds after it initially displays. It will take that long while you wait for all of that information needed is fetched. That will take one API call for each rubric and then one API call for each assignment. Alternatively you could use the Assignment Group API to fetch the list of all assignments, but this normally takes a few seconds (it took my sandbox course over 3 seconds).

Here is one thing that you can do if you need them in the order that they are used. You can rename them so that the names alphabetically correspond to the order they are used. I'm not sure that you want that though -- hidden in your question may be an implied "I want the most recent one at the top" although what you asked made it seem like you want the ones used first in the semester at the top and the ones used last in the semester at the bottom (or vice versa).

Can I ask why you want to do this? The course rubrics page is mostly for creating rubrics. Rarely should you need to go to that page after they are created and so the notion of "when used" doesn't factor in as much as say the quiz or assignment pages.

View solution in original post