cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjamin_rodrig
Learner II

Is there a Badge system that gives students instant feedback?

Hi All,

I built out a Badge using Badger in a professional development course I'm working on. It worked as expected. However I noticed that the student had to go to the Badges nav link and wait for the page to load up before seeing that they were awarded for completing a set of module requirements.

That's all well and good. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a method to have the Badge award seem more apparent. For instance, It would be great if the student go a pop-up of some sort on the screen, or if an Icon appeared, or even a notification triggered. Something instant to let the student know they accomplished something great.

Any Ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@benjamin_rodrig , I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I'm going to share this with the Gamification‌, Instructional Designers‌, and Canvas Admins‌ groups in the Community to see if they can help!

Great. Thanks  @kona . 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@benjamin_rodrig ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

whitepa
Surveyor

I'm new to Canvas as an instructor, and would like to give students two ways to earn a badge.  One would be for ungraded content like signing up for Remind 101 or reading my Communication page - in this case they would simply click on a button marked "Finis" or something similar and receive a badge with an appropriate name.

The second way would be when they turn in certain assignments or pass assessments for mastery.

I can't seem to find anything to explain how to do this.