cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily_morgan
Community Member

Is there a delay between when I post a grade and when a student can see it?

Jump to solution

Some students are reporting that they aren't able to see a grade that has been posted until approximately 12 hours after it was entered.  Is this delay typical?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily_morgan ​, no, there should very little delay to posting grades and students seeing them. There is a slight one, not sure of the exact timing but I'm thinking 5 minutes or less, but no reason a student shouldn't see a grade 12 hours after posted. Do you have the assignment muted by chance? If not, have you tried assigning a grade to the Test Student for that assignment and then seeing if you go in as the test student if you can see the grade - How do I enable Student View?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily_morgan ​, no, there should very little delay to posting grades and students seeing them. There is a slight one, not sure of the exact timing but I'm thinking 5 minutes or less, but no reason a student shouldn't see a grade 12 hours after posted. Do you have the assignment muted by chance? If not, have you tried assigning a grade to the Test Student for that assignment and then seeing if you go in as the test student if you can see the grade - How do I enable Student View?

View solution in original post

Thank you so much, Kona.  I just tested student view and there was barely any delay at all.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll keep tabs on this.

My guess is student error, but if the student really can't see their grade have them submit a Help request (click on the Help link - bottom right - and then "Report a Problem").

dhelms802
Surveyor

When using the Complete/Incomplete grading feature within Speed Grader, I am finding the grades I am giving my students are not showing immediately in the gradebook.  The checkmark (complete) or X (incomplete) are not visible within the column for the assignment and I still see a T indicating the assignment needs grading.  Is this because there is a delay in my ability to view the grade I just assigned to a student within the gradebook?

Del

dhelms802
Surveyor

I found the answer!  If you set an assignment to be moderated, which I did inadvertently, the grade will not post in the gradebook until it has been moderated by the individuals assigned to a moderator role.

Del