cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is there a way for students to join a group assignment?

Jump to solution

Is there a way for students to join a group assignment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

keisha.tassie@morehouse.edu,

While acatterson  addressed it from the student side, there are some things the teacher needs set up for this to work.

The teacher must already have created the groupset and groups and enable self-signup for this to work: How do I create self sign-up groups in a group set? 

What you do not want for an assignment is for students to create their own groups. You cannot use student created groups for assignments: How do I allow students to create their own student groups?  

Don't confuse self-signup for teacher-created groups with student-created groups. The first one can be used for group assignments, the second cannot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Yes! Here is a tutorial on that: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10516-421264913 .

Anna

Highlighted
Navigator

keisha.tassie@morehouse.edu,

While acatterson  addressed it from the student side, there are some things the teacher needs set up for this to work.

The teacher must already have created the groupset and groups and enable self-signup for this to work: How do I create self sign-up groups in a group set? 

What you do not want for an assignment is for students to create their own groups. You cannot use student created groups for assignments: How do I allow students to create their own student groups?  

Don't confuse self-signup for teacher-created groups with student-created groups. The first one can be used for group assignments, the second cannot.

View solution in original post