cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is there a way to attach multiple files to an announcement?

Jump to solution

The Canvas Guide states "You can attach files to your announcements for users to download."  To me this indicates that I can attach multiple files to an announcement.  However, I am only able to attach one file to an announcement.  Is there a way to attach multiple files to an announcement?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi milljill@umich.edu​...

When creating announcements, under the RCE there is a button to "Choose File" where you can attach a file to an announcement.  But, if you want to attach multiple files, there are two options for you:

1. Use the right side toolbar to "Insert Content into the Page" where you can select multiple files to include in your announcement.  The files would be included in the body of your announcement instead of below the body of the announcement.
  2. If you wanted to use the "Choose File" button option, you could zip up multiple files into a single *.zip file on your computer and then upload that zip file as part of the announcement.

I hope this helps, Jill.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi milljill@umich.edu​...

When creating announcements, under the RCE there is a button to "Choose File" where you can attach a file to an announcement.  But, if you want to attach multiple files, there are two options for you:

1. Use the right side toolbar to "Insert Content into the Page" where you can select multiple files to include in your announcement.  The files would be included in the body of your announcement instead of below the body of the announcement.
  2. If you wanted to use the "Choose File" button option, you could zip up multiple files into a single *.zip file on your computer and then upload that zip file as part of the announcement.

I hope this helps, Jill.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Lamplighter

milljill@umich.edu​, fwiw, I use the method chofer@morainepark.edu​ has described for all files I want to include as part of an announcement, for two reasons:

(1) To my mind there's less danger of students overlooking the files when they're incorporated into the body of the announcement than if it were appended as an attachment to the announcement.

(2) And you might not realize that students who are only reacting to the announcement from their email notifications won't even see a file if it is attached, but they will know of its existence, and be able to download it directly from the email, if it's embedded in the announcement (I just tested this to confirm that it is the case).