cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alcalafoto
Surveyor

Is there a way to change the default time on assignment deadlines? I have looked, but don't think there is a setting for that.

Jump to solution

I would like to set it for the end of the class period for each class, or maybe the end of the school day. I don't like a midnight deadline for high school students.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

There is not a built-in way to do this. There is a feature idea open for this: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6446-set-assignment-default-due-time" modifiedtitle="true" tit..., but Canvas has said it is not expected to affect their development right now.

If you want an immediate solution and are willing to go outside of Canvas, I did create a Google Sheet called Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page‌ that allows people to go through and load all of the assignments into a spreadsheet, set the dates/times using formulas if you want to set the time but leave the date, and then send it back to Canvas.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
James
Navigator

There is not a built-in way to do this. There is a feature idea open for this: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6446-set-assignment-default-due-time" modifiedtitle="true" tit..., but Canvas has said it is not expected to affect their development right now.

If you want an immediate solution and are willing to go outside of Canvas, I did create a Google Sheet called Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page‌ that allows people to go through and load all of the assignments into a spreadsheet, set the dates/times using formulas if you want to set the time but leave the date, and then send it back to Canvas.

View solution in original post

Thanks for looking into this. I appreciate it.

Pablo Alcala

Dear James, 

Why can't they hear us about this?  We simply need a feature that allows us to change the default time for due dates in a course.  

This is a very frustrating aspect of Canvas for all Middle School users.  11:59 PM is an idiotic time for our community -- a morning time is much better, corresponding to how students plan their homework cycle.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Charlie

sadcroft1
Surveyor II

I agree, the ability to change the default time for assignments to be handed in by would be a tremendous help for K-12 schools.