cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is there a way to create a "ranking" type question in Canvas quiz?

Jump to solution

I'm currently working on a course related to Food Inspections done via Google Glass. The videos are taken and edited - you know, a little magic added to them. We are using the videos in assessing already established inspectors and then using their results to help them inspect more quickly and efficiently. The basis of the quizzes in this "course" (it's more of a tool), is a ranking system - ranking violations made by retail food establishments in order of most critical to least critical. I have messed around with trying to find something similar to a ranking question for a few days now and have also looked at other learning tools such as SoftChalk - they don't have the ranking question feature either. Help?!

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Celena,

That specific type of question does not exist in Quizzes to my knowledge.  However, have you thought about doing a multiple choice, multiple answer, or numerical answer to achieve something similar?

I envision a range of 1-10 and each number would be a possible selection in the multiple choice/multiple answer scenario. For the numerical answer, the student could simply input the number (if the range is given in the instructions or quiz question) of the ranking.

If it's not number based, you could simply substitute wording for the range (Most important, least important, etc.).

Just some thoughts which you might have already tried if you've been messing around with it for a few days now. Here's a general guide on quizzes which links to guides on the specific question types on Canvas quizzes:  How do I create a Quiz with individual Questions?

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, crs0046@tigermail.auburn.edu​...

We haven't heard from you since you posted this question on October 12th.  Did the feedback from Mark and/or Stefanie help answer your question?  Please let us know so that we can help you.  Thanks...

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

crs0046@tigermail.auburn.edu, we haven't heard from you in awhile. It does seem to me that the Likert Scale question type will address your needs, so I'll mark that response with the "Correct Answer" designation. If you have a moment, please let us know how you ultimately addressed the ranking question.