Is there a way to determine if and when a student has viewed a video presentation (produced in STUDIO) that was published as an assignment in Canvas?

Jump to solution
bradshawr
Community Novice

I have created several audio/video presentations in STUDIO, and I have published them in Canvas as an assignment with a point value. Is there a way that I can determine when and if a student has actually viewed the assigned video presentation? Or is there another way to publish the presentation in Canvas that will allow their effort to be automatically entered in the grade book?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bradshawr ...

Canvas Studio allows you to view "Insights" to see if your students are watching your videos or not.  It doesn't tell you when, but you can see how much of the video has been watched by all your students (or even just selecting one student to see that data).  Check out this Guide for additional information: How do I view user insights and analytics for media in Canvas Studio? or How do I view user insights and analytics for Canvas Studio media in a course as an instructor?

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Randal.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes