Is there a way to download past courses?

Jump to solution
davidc3
Community Novice

I am a college student studying to become an English Teacher. Is there a way to download full canvas courses so I can keep them as resources when I begin teaching? In the past after 2 years some courses are deleted from the "courses tab" and I don't want to loose more valuable resources. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @davidc3 

There really is not way to download past courses in Canvas. Your teachers can set a Canvas course to permit ePub downloads of the content, and you might want to inquire about that at your school, but I suspect it is quite unlikely that you will get many faculty to cooperate.

"If ePub Exporting has been enabled for your course, you can view your course offline as an ePub file. You can download the ePub file and upload it into any eReader software for viewing, such as iBooks or Azardi.

ePub content is for offline viewing only; you cannot interact with course content directly, such as completing an assignment or viewing any submissions. In an ePub file, you can view assignment details, availability dates, and point values. Discussions include the discussion topic. All discussion replies (graded or ungraded) are considered submissions and must be viewed online. Additionally, you can view any embedded media files in the ePub. Any files that aren't supported in the ePub format, such as file attachments or PDFs, can be downloaded to be viewed in the file's native environment."

To read guide: How do I view course content offline............?

Again, if your teachers cooperate, you could also download your course as an HTML file.

"If your account does not display the Download Course Content button, your institution may only allow you to export content offline as an HTML file in Modules. The Allow students to download course content and view offline checkbox in Account Settings will override the ePub Exporting feature option. The setting and feature option cannot be used together."

See Export content offline as an HTML file?

Many teachers , if not most, will not want students downloading their proprietary information, so expect some work and hone your debating skills.

Good luck,

Kelley

See

View solution in original post

0 Likes