Is there a way to get the syllabus to put borders in all areas/cells rather than just the outline of the table?

Jump to solution
betanlo
Community Novice

I'm not using the "Insert Table", but rather pasting from a Word doc in the syllabus area. The Word doc contained a table.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @betanlo  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you are pasting in text (including your table) from a Microsoft Word document into the Rich Content Editor of a Canvas page, it is probably going to generate a lot of really unwelcome and junky HTML code that just isn't necessary.  Thankfully, there are ways to clean up that HTML code for your page so that you can then make any needed changes...including showing rows/columns in your table.  One site that I frequently use is: https://html-cleaner.com/doc-to-html/  In fact, I've even written a blog about similar tools:

HTML Cleanup

Without knowing what your original code looks like, it sounds like HTML for your table rows/columns is hiding the inner cell borders.  That's probably because the borders are set to "0" rather than 1 or higher.  But, once you put your document in the HTML cleaner site and clean the code, you should be able to modify the table and inner cells as you want.

I hope this helps, Lourdes.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes