Is there a way to recover a replaced submission?

Jump to solution
tul49018
Community Novice

Is there a way to recover a replaced submission? I typed a 300 word essay into the text editor then submitted it, then I uploaded the pdf chart that was meant to accompany it, and found that it replaced my essay which is now gone (I swear I did something like this before and it worked).

Is there any way to recover what I submitted in the text entry mode?

EDIT: ...and I just saw that my instructor has access to it either way, so that's kind of a load off my mind (real design flaw though).

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @tul49018  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I am glad to see you were able to determine that instructors do have access to all submissions of an assignment (which are time/date stamped).  As a student, however, you are only able to see your most recent submission.  This is covered in the "Evaluate Multiple Submissions" section of this Guide: How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader?

You may have seen this Feature Idea, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1076-student-view-view-submissions-and-comments-for-all-submis....  If you feel that it aligns with something you would like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to vote on it and maybe add a comment to the bottom of it letting Instructure know why this would be of value to you.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Brendan.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes