cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltrites
Community Member

Is there a way to recover a rubric that was deleted by accident?

Jump to solution

I was trying to delete a "new" rubric, but accidentally deleted an existing rubric. Is there a way to recover it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ltrites Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  There may be a way to recover your rubric.  One way would be to use the "undelete" trick.  You can find out more about this by visiting  @hollands ‌'s blog called Undeleting things in Canvas‌.  (This blog is in the Canvas Admins group here in the Community, so you may need to click on the "Follow" button located on the upper right corner of the group page and also click on the "Actions" >> "Join group" option, too).  The other option I can think of is to log in to your school's "test" or "beta" environment.  These are separate environments compared to the "production" environment that you normally log into day to day.  Just be sure that if you log in to either of these environments that you log out before returning to your regular "production" environment.  (Students do not have access to either of these environments.)  Here are a couple Guides for you:

How do I access the Canvas test environment as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13017-4152719754?sr=search&searchId=ca57e5f7-214c-4b40-8130... 

You should be able to see your rubric in either of these environments so that you could then re-build it in your "production" environment provided that the "undelete" option won't work.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Latricia.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ltrites Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  There may be a way to recover your rubric.  One way would be to use the "undelete" trick.  You can find out more about this by visiting  @hollands ‌'s blog called Undeleting things in Canvas‌.  (This blog is in the Canvas Admins group here in the Community, so you may need to click on the "Follow" button located on the upper right corner of the group page and also click on the "Actions" >> "Join group" option, too).  The other option I can think of is to log in to your school's "test" or "beta" environment.  These are separate environments compared to the "production" environment that you normally log into day to day.  Just be sure that if you log in to either of these environments that you log out before returning to your regular "production" environment.  (Students do not have access to either of these environments.)  Here are a couple Guides for you:

How do I access the Canvas test environment as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13017-4152719754?sr=search&searchId=ca57e5f7-214c-4b40-8130... 

You should be able to see your rubric in either of these environments so that you could then re-build it in your "production" environment provided that the "undelete" option won't work.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Latricia.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post