cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmbatten
Community Member

Is there a way to recover deleted items in a Module?

Jump to solution

I accidentally deleted an item from a module. Is there a way to recover it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kmbatten  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  If you accidentally removed an item from your "Modules" screen (such as a Quiz, Page, Discussion topic, or Assignment), it's actually not gone.  To be sure, go to your "Quizzes", "Pages", "Discussions", or "Assignments" page to see if it is still listed there.  If it is, that's good news.  Then, go back to your "Modules" screen, and then use the following Guide to re-add it to your module: How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items? 

If you did not find the item that you had accidentally removed from your "Modules" page, you may be able to recover it by using the "undelete" trick.  Check out this blog posting for more information: Undeleting things in Canvas.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Kendra.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kmbatten  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  If you accidentally removed an item from your "Modules" screen (such as a Quiz, Page, Discussion topic, or Assignment), it's actually not gone.  To be sure, go to your "Quizzes", "Pages", "Discussions", or "Assignments" page to see if it is still listed there.  If it is, that's good news.  Then, go back to your "Modules" screen, and then use the following Guide to re-add it to your module: How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items? 

If you did not find the item that you had accidentally removed from your "Modules" page, you may be able to recover it by using the "undelete" trick.  Check out this blog posting for more information: Undeleting things in Canvas.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Kendra.

View solution in original post

kmbatten
Community Member

I was able to recover the item that was in Modules and see it in Grades but none of the recorded extra credit points in the column in Grades. Is there anyway to recover the extra credit points?

Kendra, I know you posted the follow-up question a while ago, so this work-around isn't going to be immediately helpful. If this happens again, check your beta instance. institution.beta.instructure.com Depending on when you entered the extra credit, you may have an archive of those values. Beta is synched with your regular instance only so often...but it's worth a look.