cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer

Is there a way to remove unpublished items from the syllabus in instructor view?

Jump to solution

I have teachers importing content for their summer classes, but since the classes are only 12 weeks long instead of 16, some of our music instructors just unpublish lessons 13-16, but it still shows up on their syllabus page. I assure them that in Student View those unpublished ones are not showing up on the syllabus or in the grade book, but since they are still seeing it, it is confusing them. Any way around that short of deleting those assignments?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Not that I am aware of. I think you are doing the best thing by advising they check "Student View" to get an accurate representation of their course for students.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Not that I am aware of. I think you are doing the best thing by advising they check "Student View" to get an accurate representation of their course for students.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

myerdon01@terra.edu​ and awilliams

I just looked at my syllabus page, and I have all of my imported assignments from last semester showing up in my syllabus view.  All of them are unpublished and have dates from the spring semester - I was worried that the students would see that as well, so based off of Adam's response, I logged into my dummy student account and sure enough the students only see the current assignments on the syllabus page.

It looks like Canvas needs to do something with the syllabus view to prevent assignments with due dates before the course starts to not be shown in this view.  Or have an option to delete from view(not from course) for each item.

Highlighted
Explorer III

myerdon01@terra.edu​ and awilliams

I have a suggestion - It would be nice if in the teacher view, the assignments include icons to indicate published and unpublished.  This way the teacher sees all the assignments they have in the course but can also visually see what the student will see (the published ones).  It would also be cool if the teacher could click the little cloud icons to publish/unpublish assignments from the syllabus view too.

It looks like bowmanr@uah.edu would also like the due dates to be displayed as well.

If this has not already been suggested, should I create a new thread with this suggestion?

Highlighted

samitoelau@coastline.edu​, if you'd like to suggest this as a new feature idea you would add it in Canvas Feature Ideas​. Here's where you can learn more about submitting an idea and how the process works - How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Surveyor

Actually, when I go into Student View, I still see unpublished Pages.