cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joylynn_gonzale
Community Member

Is there a way to turn off "seeing the correct answers" in Quiz.Next?

Jump to solution

I'm using Quiz.Next.  Since it's a unit final, I don't want student to see the correct answer until all my classes are done with the test.  On the old system, I could select whether or not students could see the correct answer a day or two later.  Or at least the ability to turn it off so I'm not basically sharing the answer key with a my 13 year old students.   Is there not a way to do that in quiz.next?  I love the question types available to me in Quiz.Next.  But I don't want students to see the answer to the test just yet.  I use it as a review/reteach activity.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @joylynn_gonzale , I haven't tested this myself yet, but in the latest release notes (Canvas Release Notes (2018-10-06) ) it states the following which suggests that you can now hide quiz results from students, 

292943_pastedImage_201.png

When I go to my quiz settings, I see a new option at the bottom.  Students being able to see their results was something that prevented a number of folks at my institution from using Quizzes.Next so I am thrilled to see this option was added!

292939_pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @joylynn_gonzale , I haven't tested this myself yet, but in the latest release notes (Canvas Release Notes (2018-10-06) ) it states the following which suggests that you can now hide quiz results from students, 

292943_pastedImage_201.png

When I go to my quiz settings, I see a new option at the bottom.  Students being able to see their results was something that prevented a number of folks at my institution from using Quizzes.Next so I am thrilled to see this option was added!

292939_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

joylynn_gonzale
Community Member

Thank you all for the quick feedback!  This release came out just after I posted.  It's exactly what I needed!  

hvaughn
Learner II

Currently, in Quizzes.Next the "Restrict Student Results View' setting only allows you to either turn it off (students can see their results as well as the correct answers to missed questions) or turn it on (students only receive confirmation of a submission).  There needs to be some more granular permissions as the current Quizzes tool has.  Specifically, we'd like the ability to let students see their submissions and the questions marked incorrect, without allowing them to also see the correct answers. Maybe it is forthcoming?

Holly's question is a good one and has not been answered by anyone who can speak with authority. This is a very important feature in the old Quizzes. Will someone please address this? stefaniesanders‌  @chofer ‌ 

Thanks!

Never mind, I answered my own question. I finally was able to find this and this:

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/30254-questions-about-view-results-in-quizzesnext 

Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison 

I see no current feature request related to this missing functionality in Quizzes.Next. Stefanie, Chris - should I add one or is this already specifically on the roadmap as part of the parity project? And even if it's on the roadmap, would a feature request give it more weight as a priority?

Hello bogardde, I don't believe that feature idea needs to be created for this functionality.  Looking at this thread,

Will there be more advanced settings for when a student can view their quiz results?, Kevin from Instructure indicated that this was on the road map.  However, he did suggest in a more recent reply in the same thread that adding a feature idea related to response option visibility would be beneficial if it included functionality not currently a part of classic quizzes.