cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is there a way to turn off the browser feature?

We're using canvas as our Learning management system. The Canvas app does not use the native browser (like Safari on the iPhone), it uses a build-in the browser inside the app so the native tools on the iPhone will not limit/block the use of the internet inside the canvas app.

Students can pretty much send themselves an internet link inside the canvas app and go directly too it. Are you aware of a way to help parents to stop this type of app behavior! Thanks, hope this question makes sense.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Dale -

There is not a way to turn off the browser window that appears embedded in the app. I'm fairly sure that students can "link hop" meaning that they can click on active links within the page that was included in a Canvas activity but not type their own destination within that embedded browser.

Is your student sending themselves a link via the Inbox?

That's a really creative (yet frustrating) workaround.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, dale.meredith@gmail.com...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on August 20, 2019.  I see that kristin.lundstrum@delasalle.com replied to you later that evening.  Have you have a chance to review Kristin's feedback?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your original question?  If you feel that Kristin has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to her response.  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know by posting a note below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Dale.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.