cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdelvaglio
Surveyor

Is there somewhere to change the conference type?

When creating a conference is there somewhere to add other options for the "Conference Type" drop-down? Currently it only has BigBlueButton and we have teachers that would like to use Google Meet.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi pdelvagio

This can be done, but you would need to have the GoogleMeet integration installed. That drop-down reflects the conference tools installed in Canvas at your school. BBB is a standard installation for all accounts. You will need to talk to your school's Canvas admin.

Good luck,

Kelley

Tags (1)

Thanks. I am a Canvas admin and we do have the Google Hangouts Meet LTI installed but I don't see anywhere that changes the drop-down options.

Hello there, @pdelvaglio ...

Full disclosure...I do not have any experience with the Google Hangout Meet LTI (I've never used Google Hangout Meet before).  But, I was able to find this documentation here in the Community: Google Hangouts Meet LTI - Canvas Community.  I'm not sure if you've also seen this document, but I wanted to share it with you just in case...as it may help you to in getting it fully set up in your school's Canvas environment.

Let Community members know if you have any other questions....thanks!  Take care...be well.