cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Issues embedding a video recorded in Studio

Jump to solution

I am attempting to embed a video I recorded in Studio. I go the page in the module where I want to embed the video. I go through the steps to embed the selected media but when I click embed nothing happens. What might prevent the video from embedding? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

I actually did figure out what my issue was. The hot link is actually located about a 1/4" below the blue Embed button. I just happened to pull the mouse down and saw the arrow change to the hand so I clicked and I was good to go. Now that I know, things are going smoothly! I was getting desperate when I sent the message.

I am using Chrome which I thought was the best browser to use with Canvas.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jonesgl@evangel.edu...

To confirm, are you using the steps outlined in this Guide?  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9677-50736467904  Also, are you using an up-to-date version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefor your web browser?  If you are using Chrome, have you tried Firefox (and vice versa)?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, Glenda.  Be well, stay safe!

Yes, I was using the steps in the guide. I came to the guides to confirm that I was using the correct procedures. I replied to another email explaining that it is an issue with where the hot link is in relation to the blue Embed button. I am cruising along now!

Navigator

jonesgl@evangel.edu 

I've not had this issue and I just embedded six videos this evening, but I have had issues with Studio in other ways. It logs me out, it improperly sets cookies, it tries to deliver content without the correct headers, it occasionally has undefined variables in the JavaScript (this could definitely cause the problem).

You didn't give us much to go on, so let me provide some general troubleshooting.

1. What browser and operating system are you using? Chrome works really well. You're using a Mac, have you updated your operating system? I've had people report issues on other things with Safari. A general troubleshooting rule is to try it in a different browser and see if it works. Internet Explorer isn't supported.
  2. Have you tried closing the browser and reopening it? If you're on a Windows machine, have you tried rebooting the machine (it's amazing how much that will fix when weirdness happens).
  3. There is another trick up my sleeve to see if it's a JavaScript error, but it's a little complicated, so I hope the other fixes it. That's to open up the developer tools in the browser (normally F12). Switch to the Console tab and then reload the Studio page. You're looking for a red box (at least in Chrome) with an error message -- most likely about something being undefined (there may be some "invalid message received from" messages -- those won't keep it from embedding).
  4. Are you blocking cookies or using an ad blocker? In Chrome, there's a icon at the right of the location URL that will show a red x when cookies are blocked. This picture demonstrates, but it's actually for the Community, not Canvas, because I'm blocking Twitter third-party cookies.

346579_pastedImage_2.png

Community Member

I actually did figure out what my issue was. The hot link is actually located about a 1/4" below the blue Embed button. I just happened to pull the mouse down and saw the arrow change to the hand so I clicked and I was good to go. Now that I know, things are going smoothly! I was getting desperate when I sent the message.

I am using Chrome which I thought was the best browser to use with Canvas.

View solution in original post