cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Issues inserting links into Page

Jump to solution

When trying to add content to a page using the Links feature nothing shows up. For example, I've created a quiz and I want to insert it into a page. I see the quiz listing in the Quiz section from the dashboard. However, it doesn't show up under the Links section when trying to add it to a page. Same issue with other Canvas assests.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

@detour-jenn,

It looks like you have a Free-For-Teacher (FFT) account associated with your Community email. If that's the case, the New Rich Content Editor was pushed to all FFT at the end of last week. Is this problem still persisting? 

Naomi

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @detour-jenn,

That's very strange. Could you provide screenshots of the quiz on the dashboard and it not appearing in Course Links? 

Naomi

detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Here's a quick video for reference - https://www.loom.com/share/a6a4d975199648648f59fd0c9e96c91f?sharedAppSource=personal_library

Thank you for the help!

gnoack
Navigator

Hi @detour-jenn 

One thing I notice in your video is that you still have access to the old rich content editor.  I'm not sure how that is possible as the old rich content editor was replaced with a new editor just a few days ago. You shouldn't be seeing it.  I suspect this is the issue.

I would contact whomever manages Canvas for your institution.  It may be that your organization is self-hosting Canvas on their own servers and they haven't pushed out the update, which could cause this issue. That is the only explanation my experience can come up with. 

Perhaps @Naomi might have more info on this. 

You can read about the update to the Rich Content Editor here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Deploys/Canvas-Deploy-Notes-2021-01-20/ta-p/431651

detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Thanks for sharing this additional information. We are self-hosting and even after updating as of yesterday unfortunately the issue persists.

Arnold_14
Surveyor

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Upsers

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

@detour-jenn,

It looks like you have a Free-For-Teacher (FFT) account associated with your Community email. If that's the case, the New Rich Content Editor was pushed to all FFT at the end of last week. Is this problem still persisting? 

Naomi

View solution in original post

detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Problem has been resolved after updating to the latest RCE. Thank you @Naomi for pointing us there.