cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgerber
Community Member

Issues reported when importing question bank true/false questions

Jump to solution

When I import an old Canvas course into a new one, I get dozens of "Issues" reported with this link:

There was an error exporting an assessment question - No question type used when trying to parse a q...

When I click on the link I see the questions in issue, and they are flagged with this message:

This question was imported from an external source. It was a 'Error' question, which is not supported in this quiz tool.

All of the questions in issue are in question banks, and all seem to be True/False questions. Fortunately, none of them are in current use in my Quizzes, and existing True/False questions in my Quizzes import fine with no error messages. I believe I created the problem questions in Canvas but it's possible I imported them from Blackboard several years ago when my institution switched to Canvas. 

Can anyone explain what is happening?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jgerber , greetings! I've seen some strange stuff like this when trying to copy over quiz questions that had been imported from external sources - like Publisher question banks. It's not a leap to think that it might also be related to previous LMS questions as well. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jgerber , greetings! I've seen some strange stuff like this when trying to copy over quiz questions that had been imported from external sources - like Publisher question banks. It's not a leap to think that it might also be related to previous LMS questions as well. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post