Issues with assignments when performing a course copy

reynoldsg
Community Member

I am not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but I had a faculty member approach me with a question regarding course content, specifically assignments, when she performed a course copy. She copied All Content into a new course, and everything was brought over correctly with the exception of her assignments. On the Assignments page in the original class, all assignments were grouped into their appropriate assignment groups. Each of these groups contained the appropriate percentage weights for her class. However, when the content was imported to the new class, a few assignments were duplicated and placed both in the original grouping AND in a new Imported Assignments group. I have replicated the issue by performing a course copy using the same course and I noticed the same thing happening.

My question is, why is a new Imported Assignments group created when this group did not exist in the original class. And, why (and how) did assignments get duplicated. Has anyone had this happen before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes