Issues with opening Kami assignments on iPad with Canvas app/Google Authorization?

MrsLeGrant
Community Explorer

EDIT TO THE EDIT: So according to Kami support, the inability to open Kami assignments for grading is a Canvas iOS issue.  While I think Canvas is aware of it, not sure if there is any action on their part to fix it.  Apparently Canvas didn't set up authorizations for Kami/Google Drive with their update, which is now causing the issue.

The SECOND issue: having to open an assignment in Kami before a student does, is a Kami "fix" because of issues around who created the document in Kami.  So for now the workaround is that teachers have to load and open the assignment before the students.  I'm not thrilled about this and it wasn't clear if this is a temporary fix, or if this is now a step that must be included whenever creating a Kami assignment.

EDIT: It appears that Kami is aware of the situation and is working to fix it.  Workaround suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hello, 

I am a high school teacher.  We are online full-time currently.

We use Canvas as our LMS and have integrated Kami for students to complete and submit assignments.

I use my iPad to grade Kami assignments with the Canvas app; until today, it has worked perfectly.

Now when I try to open student Kami assignments in the Canvas app for grading, I first get an authorization message; then when I try to authorize, I get an error message about unblocking pop-ups.  I have done this and still get the error message.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is this a Kami issue, an iPad issue, a Canvas app issue, or a Google issue?  I'm really frustrated here because the whole point of using the ipad is to make it easier to grade student work than on a laptop, and now I can't access their assignments at all.

Labels (3)