Issues with the InBox

Jump to solution
rislis
Community Champion

Almost every time I try to start a message, my InBox freezes. I can't choose my course from the favorites list and have to close the entire compose message screen and start over. Once I do that, I am usually able to select the course and person to send the message.

My students are reporting the exact same behavior. Our WIFI connections are fine - we are actually running a Canvas Conference, so I know WIFI isn't the problem. Can others share this issue so developers can fix, please? We want to emphasize this feature with staff and students, but it will be hard with this frustration. 

THANKS!

Priority Services K12K12 ANZ

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rislis ‌

I'm sorry to hear that you and your students are experiencing this. I wasn't able to replicate it in my own Canvas Inbox, however, and I don't see an indication on our status page that it is an issue affecting users across multiple instances. If you haven't yet, would you please send a ticket to Canvas Support documenting the behavior, and ask any affected students to do the same? That's the quickest way to get this issue in front of our engineers. How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌ and How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌ provide general instructions.

View solution in original post