cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do I copy/embed files from iTunes playlist?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi wren.stratton@ictctech.com...

Wow...that's both cool and interesting!  So I found this website, Apple - iTunes - Widget Builder, but I'm not completely sure it will be useful or not.  I was able to successfully build a playlist of songs from the iTunes store and display them inside a Canvas page via the generated embed code.  So, it looked something like this:

iTunes Playlist

These play 30-second audio clips of the songs, and if you click the "VIEW" button, it takes you out to the iTunes website.

But then I was thinking of how you could do this for your audio files (maybe by way of a regular podcast that you uploaded to iTunes).  So, I went back to the Widget Builder interface, and sure enough, there was one for "Podcast Playlists".  I was able to search for the name of specific podcasts (not the episodes in those podcasts...just the general name of them), and so that looks something like this:

Podcast Playlist

So...you get less options...just the button to "VIEW"...which does the same thing as the one for music...bringing you to the iTunes website for the selected podcast.

iTunes may be an option for you if you wanted to go this route, but are you absolutely set on iTunes?  Or, are you open to other suggestions?  Have you considered uploading your audio files to a cloud-based file system such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365?  You could create a folder in one of those cloud-based services where you store all your audio files, and then make a link to the shared folder for your students.  And, any time that you need to add a file, you do it there, and then your students have easy access to the new audio file.

So these are my initial thoughts, but I'd be interested in hearing more.  Looking forward to your reply, Wren!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

I've never heard or seen anyone do something like this before.  Could you explain a use case in Canvas and what the purpose would be for something like this?

I teach nursing. I have a series of audio lectures I would like to make accessible to my students on canvas.

WRen

Sent from my iPad

Wow...that's both cool and interesting!  So I found this website, Apple - iTunes - Widget Builder, but I'm not completely sure it will be useful or not.  I was able to successfully build a playlist of songs from the iTunes store and display them inside a Canvas page via the generated embed code.  So, it looked something like this:

iTunes Playlist

These play 30-second audio clips of the songs, and if you click the "VIEW" button, it takes you out to the iTunes website.

But then I was thinking of how you could do this for your audio files (maybe by way of a regular podcast that you uploaded to iTunes).  So, I went back to the Widget Builder interface, and sure enough, there was one for "Podcast Playlists".  I was able to search for the name of specific podcasts (not the episodes in those podcasts...just the general name of them), and so that looks something like this:

Podcast Playlist

So...you get less options...just the button to "VIEW"...which does the same thing as the one for music...bringing you to the iTunes website for the selected podcast.

iTunes may be an option for you if you wanted to go this route, but are you absolutely set on iTunes?  Or, are you open to other suggestions?  Have you considered uploading your audio files to a cloud-based file system such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365?  You could create a folder in one of those cloud-based services where you store all your audio files, and then make a link to the shared folder for your students.  And, any time that you need to add a file, you do it there, and then your students have easy access to the new audio file.

So these are my initial thoughts, but I'd be interested in hearing more.  Looking forward to your reply, Wren!

View solution in original post

Awesome, Chris! This is great information, and I will share it with my faculty.

I graciously teach encourage dancer to reach their full desxpanding self estate by reaching amazing,talented, intuitive  group of young and women’s drive there strong ,drive young bright yoinlsys who r looking to break out there  comfort it to step out their box learn mew way of creating moment Texas public school

Community Member

Thank you soo much, all good ideas.  I went with downloading the files to google drive and then it was easy to upload using the “upload media” tab.  I will certainly keep all your ideas for future reference and thanks again!