cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Just to be clear, I can't hide an assignment (by unpublishing) if it has submissions?

Jump to solution

I've read enough to know that you can not unpublish an assignment once it has submissions. Am I alone in thinking this is crazy? I have a lot of assignments, and I find that having 100 small assignments including a few get-to-know-you assignments from the beginning of the year is very distracting to students (especially those with ADHD). I want to remove assignments that are no longer needed and are just cluttering up the screen. How can I do that? I can only imagine what my canvas page will look like by the end of the semester! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

@annespinoza 

This was asked as a question, which is expected to have an answer, but you gave the answer to your own question: You cannot unpublish an assignment once it has submissions. It really sounds like this is more of a request for a feature than a question.

There is an existing conversation around the idea Ability to unpublish assignments with student submissions where you can share you reasons for wanting this functionality.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same question.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator

@annespinoza 

This was asked as a question, which is expected to have an answer, but you gave the answer to your own question: You cannot unpublish an assignment once it has submissions. It really sounds like this is more of a request for a feature than a question.

There is an existing conversation around the idea Ability to unpublish assignments with student submissions where you can share you reasons for wanting this functionality.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor II

I guess I was hoping someone would say, "oh yes, there is a way to do that". But alas no. Thanks, I'll check that link out.

Highlighted

Hi @annespinoza 

There is a solution if the only submission is one that you made as the Test Student (Student View).

• Reset the Test Student,
  • Then delete the Test Student from it's section under the Settings Tab

Otherwise, as @James and @tomjohnson189 stated, there is no way to unpublish and assignment once there is a submission.

You could also simply delete the assignment, then create an identical one, and not publish it until you are ready for students to attempt it.

Kelley

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels