Keep Canvas from jumping to Module that I move a page to

Jump to solution
tbelcher
Community Member

I need to move a lot of pages from one module to other modules using the "Move To" feature. When I do this, Canvas jumps to the destination module. This is inconvenient because I need to move a lot of pages and I don't want to have to scroll back up to the source Module for each next page I am moving. Any way to make it stop jumping tot he destination Module?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @tbelcher 

That is frustrating, and I've been there.  I use Cengage MindTap and I know what you mean about moving the assignments. 

Two things I do.  One, I collapse the modules I don't need.  At the top of the modules page, you can collapse all, then only open the modules you need to, or don't even open them at all.  It should reduce the amount of scrolling. 

Another thing.  When I import/integrate the links from Cengage, they are added to the assignments page, as that is really where they exist.  The links in the modules are only shortcuts to the assignments.  You will want to check on this to make sure it's the same for your integration, but it should be.  If so, you can add the imported assignment links using the Add button for each module.  When you do this, you can select multiple assignments at the same time, so you could go from module to module and add them that way, then just delete the module they were imported into and these shortcuts should be deleted.

I would definitely test this first.  

View solution in original post