cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Keep TA's from getting spammed with notifications

I think I already know that this isn't' possible but looking for a work around or a genius solution.

We have a course with 98 career mentors - they were added as TA's after the course was published and students started submitting assignments. Now all 98 are getting notifications when any of the others accept the course invite. I have shared directions on how to change their individual notification preferences, but would like to shut off notifications for that TA role. Any thoughts?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

hallmans, as far as I'm aware you've done the best that can be done... have them adjust their notification preferences!

Highlighted
Navigator

hallmans‌, in a similar situation (as an admin) I removed invitations for TAs who didn't immediately accept and stayed "pending", and then re-enrolled them via SIS import. However, that may be impractical if you also need these TAs to create accounts and accept passwords through an invitation.

(One way to create outside users before enrolling is through +Add User on the root account settings screen. This sends a different type of account setup email than a Course Invitation.)

Highlighted

Thanks dittor@wharton.upenn.edu‌ -it has been a learning experience for sure. Next semester we will definitely  do the SIS import route.

It's one of those courses that has continued to evolve after publishing. The next crisis was the notifications from all 300 students when they submitted their first assignment. There was confusion on what "submission" entailed in the notifications, but we got it straight.

Heres a quick tip - we had the names of all 98 mentors, but needed their email, Id or SIS ID to add to the course. Instead of running reports or looking them up. I added all names to an Outlook email To field and it autopopulated with their full default Kenan-Flagler address. Then I cut that entire field and added to the Canvas Add People field. Took about 30 seconds to add them all.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

hallmans,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie