Community "How do I" CanvasLIVE at 11:00 AM MT today: Release Notes Tips & Tricks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Keeps saying I don't have access to etext

Every time I click a link, to a part of an etext, in modules of units I'm enrolled in, it says Sorry, I don't have access and need to purchase it. I then have to click the etext button on the side menu, which shows the etext, before I can access it via the in-module link, but I have to do this every time I log in to Canvas.

2 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@101936902 ,

This sounds like your course is using an external tool to link to a vendor provided etext.  I would recommend that you contact your instructor in the course and maybe see if there is contact information for the etext vendor.  There may be other steps that you are missing in order to access the etext information.

Robbie

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @101936902 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on March 18, 2018.  It looks like  @Robbie_Grant  replied to you a day later.  Have you had an opportunity to review Robbie's feedback?  If so, has his feedback helped to answer your question?  Or, do you still have outstanding questions as it relates to your original question?  If you feel that Robbie's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark his reply as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for help, please come back to this topic to give us an update so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Christopher.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.