cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Khan Academy and similar videos?

Jump to solution

I am flipping my classrooms this semester and I want to know whether Khan Academy videos can legally be incorporated into our class spaces. I don't want to use a lot of other people's stuff, but some of their videos are terrific and very helpful. Thanks for any help!  Mary Williams

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mmwilliams@midland.edu

So here's the deal, almost all Khan Academy videos are licensed with the Creative Commons license CC-BY-NC-SA. This means they are an open educational resource or OER, and you can use as you wish as long as appropriately attributed.

You can learn more at Khan Academy Creative Commons and Open Source.

You can learn more about the six Creative Commons licenses at 6 licenses for sharing creative work

And you are correct, their videos rock!

Kelley

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mmwilliams@midland.edu

So here's the deal, almost all Khan Academy videos are licensed with the Creative Commons license CC-BY-NC-SA. This means they are an open educational resource or OER, and you can use as you wish as long as appropriately attributed.

You can learn more at Khan Academy Creative Commons and Open Source.

You can learn more about the six Creative Commons licenses at 6 licenses for sharing creative work

And you are correct, their videos rock!

Kelley

View solution in original post

?Hey, Kelley, thanks! I thought so but wasn't sure. I need to learn how to attribute properly. I appreciate!

mary

Dr. Mary M. Williams

Department of English

Midland College

3600 N. Garfield Midland TX 79705

(432) 685-4631

mmwilliams@midland.edu

I believe that first KHAN page I referenced includes their attribution preferences.

Kelley