cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

LOCKDOWN BROWSER

Hi. There is a student who is having a problem with LockDown Browser. I have reviewed the configurations and there are also students who have already done the exam without inconvenience.
Anyone know what might be happening?

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

gimena.sierra@aden.org,

I would recommend contacting the Respondus LockDown Browser support people.  I am not sure many of the users in the Canvas community will be able to assist with this issue.  You can contact support at Technical Support .

Robbie

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello gimena.sierra@aden.org.  I have used LockDown Browser in the past but not recently.  I did find the following page that has system requirements.  Is it possible that the students is trying to access the browser from a system that does not meet these requirements? 

System Requirements for LockDown Browser 

I also see that Respondus has a page where a help ticket can be submitted (Technical Support).  You could try Canvas support as well, but if it seems to be working for other students, the individual you have heard from may need to contact the IT department at your institution or Respondus directly to find a solution.

I hope this helps!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, gimena.sierra@aden.org...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on March 19, 2018.  It looks like rogrant@nmsu.edu and ericwerth replied with some feedback later that afternoon.  Have you had a chance to review their responses?  If so, did either of their replies help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with the Lockdown Browser issue?  If you feel that either Robbie or Eric has helped to answer your question, please mark one of those replies as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance from member of the Community, please post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Gimena.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.