cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

LTI Grading via Outcome Service Error

Jump to solution

I am trying to submit a grade using the outcomes service in LTI. I am getting an error saying that "Assignment is no longer associated with this tool" even though I have not changed anything in Canvas. I successfully created an External tool that is accessed via the assignment selection and a correct LTI launch is created. The student can take the assignment in our externa tool. I retrieve and store the lis_outcome_service_url and lis_result_sourcedid all without any issued. Below is the outgoing and incoming XML data. Any suggestions on why this error is occurring? Thanks.

Sent XML:

POST https://canvas.castlelearning.com/api/lti/v1/tools/44/grade_passback HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/xml
Host: canvas.castlelearning.com
Authorization: OAuth oauth_consumer_key="10000000000001",oauth_nonce="a2ca4dd7-fbd3-4c02-a91d-f0b2ac0aaa6d",oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",oauth_version="1.0",oauth_timestamp="1528143703",oauth_body_hash="CGBtAm5hO3YmW5oRPaOw5iAw33Y%3d",oauth_signature="y6MHXjwRtsWV9Qm1Mva5koxiZvA%3d"
Content-Length: 922
Expect: 100-continue
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<imsx_POXEnvelopeRequest xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/services/ltiv1p1/xsd/imsoms_v1p0">
  <imsx_POXHeader>
    <imsx_POXRequestHeaderInfo>
      <imsx_version>V1.0</imsx_version>
      <imsx_messageIdentifier>328753e3-4481-4740-9178-dea95b4891ca</imsx_messageIdentifier>
    </imsx_POXRequestHeaderInfo>
  </imsx_POXHeader>
  <imsx_POXBody>
    <replaceResultRequest>
      <resultRecord>
        <sourcedGUID>
          <sourcedId>44-2-36-2-c99355a5a89ae38d6aba3962270f91209842c2e9</sourcedId>
        </sourcedGUID>
        <result>
          <resultScore>
            <language>en</language>
            <textString>0.75</textString>
          </resultScore>
        </result>
      </resultRecord>
    </replaceResultRequest>
  </imsx_POXBody>
</imsx_POXEnvelopeRequest>
Returned XML:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 20:21:42 GMT
Content-Type: application/xml; charset=utf-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d4e3867388e6fd0fdb9d189f9b67034d91528143702; expires=Tue, 04-Jun-19 20:21:42 GMT; path=/; domain=.castlelearning.com; HttpOnly
Cache-Control: max-age=0, private, must-revalidate
X-Request-Context-Id: 5596e09b-8f51-487b-b085-1e4addbca9ed
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
X-Canvas-Meta: o=lti_api;n=grade_passback;b=832988;m=832988;u=0.09;y=0.00;d=0.01;
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge,chrome=1
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-Runtime: 0.101521
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Powered-By: Phusion Passenger 5.1.2
Vary: Cookie
ETag: W/"1ae369aa41efa1f3ea4a550573488c7b"
Expect-CT: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 425d1b7ded911ff4-DFW
39d
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<imsx_POXEnvelopeResponse xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/services/ltiv1p1/xsd/imsoms_v1p0">
        <imsx_POXHeader>
          <imsx_POXResponseHeaderInfo>
            <imsx_version>V1.0</imsx_version>
            <imsx_messageIdentifier/>
            <imsx_statusInfo>
              <imsx_codeMajor>failure</imsx_codeMajor>
              <imsx_severity>status</imsx_severity>
              <imsx_description>Assignment is no longer associated with this tool
[EID_10000000000149]</imsx_description>
              <imsx_messageRefIdentifier>328753e3-4481-4740-9178-dea95b4891ca</imsx_messageRefIdentifier>
              <imsx_operationRefIdentifier>replaceResult</imsx_operationRefIdentifier>
            </imsx_statusInfo>
          </imsx_POXResponseHeaderInfo>
        </imsx_POXHeader>
        <imsx_POXBody><replaceResultResponse/></imsx_POXBody>
      </imsx_POXEnvelopeResponse>
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi, I solved this one a while ago. From what I recall the domain name in my

XML configuration was not set correctly and that caused the issue. Once I

changed the domain it worked fine. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Brad Pollack

Chief Technology Officer

Castle Learning

(800) 345-7606 ext. 502

bpollack@castlelearning.com <bpollack@castlelearning.com>

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, bpollack@castlelearning.com...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here in the Community for over five months without a response.  It seems that you may have stumped the Community with your question.  #sadpanda‌  While I don't necessarily have an answer for you, I wanted to let you know that I shared your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button located at the top right corner of that page.  Also, you'll want to click on the "Actions" button and select "Join group".  Finally, if you've been able to come up with a solution on your own since you first posted that, would you be willing to share that back here in the Community with us?  If you're still looking for some assistance, however, please let us know that as well so that someone from the Community might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've found an answer for you...but more because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since June.  That won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic, however.  I hope that's alright with you, Brad.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted

Hi, I solved this one a while ago. From what I recall the domain name in my

XML configuration was not set correctly and that caused the issue. Once I

changed the domain it worked fine. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Brad Pollack

Chief Technology Officer

Castle Learning

(800) 345-7606 ext. 502

bpollack@castlelearning.com <bpollack@castlelearning.com>

View solution in original post

Labels