cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shivaji_babar
Community Member

LTI compliant eLearning content.

I am new to LTI. We provide eLearning content and want to understand how we could make the content LTI compliant. I researched a lot but could not find sample or step by step solution for it. We use client side web programming languages to create eLearning content. We have a huge experience in creating SCORM, AICC and xAPI content.

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @shivaji_babar ‌

There is a great discussion here that could be very helpful to get you started How can I get started building an LTI external application? 

I also found this resource on the interwebs http://acrl.ala.org/techconnect/post/making-a-basic-lti-learning-tools-intoperability-app 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

Hi Kelley,

Thank you for the links.

I am looking for answers of these question:

1. Can the eLearning content/courses be LTI compliant? Client side web programming languages are used to create content.

2. Can the content be uploaded to Canvas LMS or hosted on our server and connected to Canvas LMS?

3. Is it must to user server side languages to make app LTI compliant?

Regards,

Shivaji

Hi Shivaji

Here's a short answer to your question.

Basically, LTI Tools are hosted out of the LMS which and are accessible over the Web. The LTI request will be launched from your LMS that sends a HTTP POST request to the LTI tool. So, yes it's usually a web application written in a server-side language that is hosted external and is maintained by the Tool Provider.

Cheers

Moein

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @shivaji_babar ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  While I don't necessarily have a response for you myself, I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since January 24, 2018.  In addition to the feedback that you received from  @kmeeusen , have you had a chance to review the feedback you also received from  @moein_ghodrati , too?  Did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions as it relates to this topic?  If you feel that Kelley's or Moein's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of their responses as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we haven't had any new activity in this topic for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Shivaji.

Also, I shared your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the link that I've provided and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  You may also need to click on the "Actions" menu (also at the top right corner) and then the "Join group" option.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.