cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmcclancy
Community Member

LTI not editable by students. HELP

I have created assignments using to external tool but my students can't edit them. What am I doing wrong? They keep getting LTI instead of editable. 

I am getting super frustrated with trying to load work into the program for them to use and submit.

Cyndi McClancy

Newbie!

2 Replies
mzimmerman
Adventurer III

Hello Cyndi,

Can you explain in more detail what it is that you're trying to do?  Which external tool are you using?

When you are setting up an assignment to use an external tool, you (the instructor) have to select what tool you are linking to when you configure the assignment, which includes the URL for the tool.   Generally, the external tools (apps) available to you are already configured for you.  (Seehttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10384-4152501360 )

Mike

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, cmcclancy...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I ran across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on December 12, 2018.  It looks like  @mzimmerman  had left you a reply later that day with some questions he had that needed clarification from you.  Have you had an opportunity to review Michael's reply and his questions?  If you could please take a few minutes to review his feedback and provide some clarification, that would be helpful.  Or, if you feel that he has helped to answer your question, please click on the "Mark Correct" button next to his response.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and also because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about five months.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Cyndi.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.