cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
floresr
Learner II

LTI question

Jump to solution

We are just moving to Canvas, and are in the early stages. I have a teacher who has asked me to enable WorldWideWhiteboard in her courses. I followed the instructions in the Canvas Guides, but EDU App Center only gives me a config URL, but there is no customer key nor a secret. Does this mean the teacher has to provide that to me from her user account?

I appreciate any info you can share.

Thanks!

Ricardo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @floresr ​...

No...  Consumer Keys and Shared Secrets are usually obtained from the designers of the LTI app.  Sometimes those companies offer their apps for free, and so you just need to send and e-mail or fill out a small form on their website.  Other times, however, you have to pay a fee in order to get that information.  You'll probably need to visit the LTI designer's website and contact them for more information on how to get the Consumer Key and Shared Secret.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @floresr ​...

No...  Consumer Keys and Shared Secrets are usually obtained from the designers of the LTI app.  Sometimes those companies offer their apps for free, and so you just need to send and e-mail or fill out a small form on their website.  Other times, however, you have to pay a fee in order to get that information.  You'll probably need to visit the LTI designer's website and contact them for more information on how to get the Consumer Key and Shared Secret.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@floresr ,  @chofer ​ is correct; the Consumer Key and Shared Secret need to be obtained from the designers of the LTI app, and as he surmised, in the case of WorldWideWhiteboard, it appears that a fee is involved. Please refer to their website Link-Systems International | WorldWideWhiteboard which prominently displays a pricing matrix for licensing at the bottom. If you already have a licensing arrangement with WorldWideWhiteboard, use the contact link on the Link-Systems web page to obtain the configuration info.

floresr
Learner II

I'll try that.

Thank you both!

Ricardo