cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gimena_sierra
Community Member

Language settings

Hi. I wanted to know if you can change the language settings in bulk for a group of students, or for a particular course.
Thank you

Tags (1)
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @gimena_sierra ...

There are three places in Canvas where the language settings can be changed.

1. If you are a Canvas admin, you can change the default language at the account level.  In Canvas, go to "Admin" >> [account name] >> "Settings" >> "Default Language" will be near the top of the "Settings" tab.
  2. In a Canvas course, go to the course "Settings" screen.  Make sure you are on the "Course Details" tab, and then scroll down to "Language".
  3. In your own user profile: Go to "Account" >> "Settings" >> "Edit Settings".

I hope this helps, Gimena.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @gimena_sierra ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I wanted to check in with you again.  We have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on March 23, 2018.  Have you had an opportunity to review the Guide links that I provided to you later that day?  Did my feedback help to answer your question?  Or, do you still have questions related to language settings that Community members might be able to help answer?  If you feel that my above feedback from March has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button.  However, if you're still looking for some help from the Community, please post a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Gimena.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.