cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgross1
Community Member

Large images in quizzes

Hello everyone,

I'm currently creating a quiz that contains large images (huge process models) and unfortunately it's not readable even on big screens. So I'm looking for a way to as slide bars or something similar, so the students can scroll through the image. However, it seems that this is not supported by Canvas, I cannot add the relevant CSS code to the HTML section. Did anyone face a similar problem and has an idea how to solve it? I know I could link the file itself so the students could download it, but I think this would lead to even more confusion and would take them longer.

Happy for any input!

Steven

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sgross1 ​...

I noticed that your question has been sitting here unanswered for over a month.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I have a solution for you.  Have you been able to come up with a solution that you'd be willing to report back here on (so that others with similar questions might be able to see what you came up with)?  Or, are you still looking for ideas on this question?  Please let us know...thanks!

snugent
Lamplighter II

What about converting the image to a PDF document? Students could use the box preview option to see the image and they will be able to zoom in and out. In the example below I created a big document in Word with some images. I zoomed in and you can see the scroll bars for navigating the image now. You can convert the Word documents to a PDF (File>Export). 

2016-03-28_8-46-53.png

olexar
Community Member

Hi Steven. I recently posted an idea that may help address this issue: " modifiedtitle="true" title="Click images to enlarge on screen​. It will open for voting in a few days. In the meantime, here is a thread with a few ideas Image popup inside a quiz question

olexar
Community Member

Hey folks. Just wanted to let everyone know that the idea is now open for voting.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sgross1 ​,

Where you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie