Limit of submissions visibility

Jump to solution
barbsz551
Community Member

Hi, I am an admin and we are trying to short out one issue. 

We have our main iHeed account under that a sub-accounts menu, under that we have a numerous sub-accounts. From one of this sub-account another 6 sub-account. And one of these sub acc we have our courses. So many levels I know. I attached a hand-drawn image see there the levels.

We are having medical courses on South East that's the reason we have so many sub-accounts.

I am keen to solve the visibility issue. Our goal is the program director of the course is the only one to see some assignments (those are surveys for the students about the program). And other teachers in this course do NOT see this assignment, so somehow I want to close the visibility for them. Now, because we have so many sub-accounts inside of the actual course (see my hand-drawn image) when I enrolling a student into the course they will be automatically added to a section. So the limit sections visibility is not a solution as 20 teachers in that course (section) are already there. 

How can I limit assignment visibility just for one person, in our case just for the program director in our sub-sub account's courses?

122177713_396783465042903_2869120409213485705_n.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

So, I don't think you are going to be able to do what you are attempting.  If I understand correctly, in a course you have students and teachers and want the course to act normally for them so that teachers can grade normal assignments.  But you also want to put a Survey in that course which teachers would not have access to.  That's really not going to work; even if you take away some of the permissions for those teachers there isn't going to be a way to apply different teacher permissions by assignment. 

Sub-accounts really don't have anything to do this with this particular issue.  

To do what you are suggesting would really require you to put the survey into a different course in which you enroll the students, but not the teachers.  Add the Program director to that course with Teacher access so that they can view the results. 

Rick

View solution in original post