Highlighted
Community Member

Limitations on Calendar Feed

Is the calendar limited to 10 courses, and if so, is the calendar feed limited to only those courses selected? Is there a work around to be able to view *every* course in a single .ics feed?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi christine.radzewick@gmail.com​...

I'm not sure of an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to modify the subject line of your question because you've already asked the same question in the body of your message (no need to duplicate).  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you're asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can make any needed changes.  I hope this is okay with you, Christine!

Highlighted
Community Member

I don't know about a maximum number of courses, but the feed itself is very basic. It's either on or off and that's it.  Please look at these other discussions (and vote if it's a feature request).   With this many people asking, surely this will eventually come up on the radar for Canvas developers. .  .

" modifiedtitle="true" title="Selective RSS feed of Calendar

Calendar Feed for just 1 course

How to manage Calendars in Canvas

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi christine.radzewick@gmail.com​...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since don.bryn@donbryn.com​'s response on September 25th.  Did any of the links he posted help to answer your question?  Are you still looking for help about the Calendar feed?  Or, have you been able to come up with an answer on your own?  If you could please let us know by marking Don's answer as "Correct" or by replying below with any questions/comments, that would be great.  Also, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or other folks from posting additional questions/comments below.  Thanks Christine!

Highlighted
Surveyor

I had the same question and followed up with support. They weren't aware of any limitations on the iCal feed. I'm sure there is a limit to the number of courses you would want to add, since updates could become sluggish. I'm hoping we won't have any problems with the 20 or so classes that might be in my feed Smiley Happy