Limiting a student grade to a maximum score

JohnKern
Community Member

Hello Garth,

I am a new user and I work for a police academy here in Las Vegas Nevada. I am one of the Academy administrators that works over the grading and coursework. My question is how do we allow a student to retake an exam and limit the maximum grade on the retake exam to 80%. For example, Joe takes an exam and scores less than the Academy minimum grade of 80% so for this example he scored 70% on the exam, we then go into the system and allow a single retake or attempt at the same test. If Joe scores 100% on the test, we would like to only allow him to have a maximum score of 80% regardless of his 100% correct answers. The reason for this calculation is we want to make sure that it is fair for the other students who are also competing for high GPA scores for awards at the Academy. It would not be fair if Sally took the test and scored an 80%, and Joe on his first attempt a scored a 70 and second attempt scored a 100 which would average 85% which would appear that he had done better than Sally when in fact Sally had a passing grade on the first attempt.

Sgt. John Kern

0 Likes